[Digikam-users] Digikam versionning - external editor

GDoirat - GMail gaylord.doirat at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 18:08:33 BST 2013

Hello

I use DK to manage my pictures since many years. I have a database of 28
000 pictures. Until last year, I used a bridge to take most of my pictures
in JPEG. But I bougth a SLR this year and to use the full power of it, i
take picture in RAW. To my mind, DK editor is not powerfull enough
for editing RAW (was perfect for me for JPEG) : open a RAW and each applies
of effect it's quite slow. So I look to a RAW editor and I find DarkTable
which i finf really great.

Even if DarkTable is a great tool; i want to still manage pictures in DK to
continue my database.
I have tried several things : import pictures from Digikam; open folder in
darktable; starring pictures in darktable; modify picture in DT;
Synchronise metadata in DK (to recover number of stars given in DT),
Tagging picture (keywords, localisation) in DK (i have set DK to store
information in XMP files)

Now, I'm in front of a problem : how to see in DK changes applied in DT?
because DK have plugging to export pictures to my fresh (still empty)
piwigo web album.

I have tried :  export picture in DT; but tags of DK are not synchronized
(i was thinking this was possible as they are stored in xmp)..

I though a lot about that, and i think there could be a very simple way to
do that : as DK manage versionning by creating a new picture; is there a
way to use DT export picture as new version of raw picture in digikam ? For
me export DT pictures will have the same name (not the same extension) than
the raw picture; so it could be easy to link the two version thanks to a
batch process (in order to treat several pictures at the same time)...
Do you know if it's possible?

Gaylord

La vie est plus belle quand on est libre !

Libérez vos oreilles : www.jamendo.fr