[Digikam-users] Digikam does cannot find camera

fagopher at cfl.rr.com fagopher at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jul 2 19:17:36 BST 2013

Hi All,

I am new user of digikam. I just installed Version 3.1.0, Using KDE Development Platform 4.10.2. on Windows 7 ( I know... not the best OS but this is what I have).

I connected a Nikon D5000 via USB. Windows does recognize it. I go to DigiKam > Import > Cameras > NikonD500 (I created this entry) I get "Failed to connect to camera"
The nikon D500 entry has:
Camera Port type: USB

Tried without/with setting the mount path (I know it is not applicable) but nothing.
Tried  using the memory card into  but it cannot get read the images (I can read the images from windows though)

I found in google few bugs for unix but nothing in windows.

Thanks for your help!