[Digikam-users] Problems with Digikam 3.2 (Kubuntu backport or general?)

Kai Benndorf kai.benndorf at web.de
Mon Jul 1 21:15:37 BST 2013

Hello Gilles,

 >> 5) Editing an image and renaming it leaded somehow to an image not more
>> displayed in Digikam, but in all other tools. Renaming or copying of the
>> image does not help, I needed to replace it from the camera.
>>

> Never seen this problem here too...

I could reproduce this today with the following steps:

- Copy and paste image xyz.jpg and give it a new name, e.g. test.jpg
- Image/Edit
- Select area and crop image
- Save changes

I have now three images. The original xyz.jpg and the copied test.jpg,
both not visible in Digikam and an additional (cropped) test_v1.jpg.

How can I enable the two invisible images again?

Should I log a bug for this?

Best regards

Kai