[Digikam-users] database troubles

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Tue Jan 29 15:24:11 GMT 2013

Tirsdag den 29. januar 2013 16:05:43 skrev Volker Henn:
> obviously it makes more fun programming face-recognition or other
useless
> things, instead of making the database stable. I also often lost tags etc.

I rarely lost tags or other data, after using digikam since 2005 I believe -
and when I did, it was my fault, not digikam's.

Since it became possible, I have digikam configured to add all data to
the image, either embedded or (for RAW files) in "sidecar" files.

However, moving from pc to pc over the years have worked fine. I unpack
a backup of the digikam image directory on the new device, and add
that to the digikam collections. Job done.

--
Anders