[Digikam-users] remote digikam acces to server

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Tue Jan 29 07:04:43 GMT 2013

Am 28.01.2013 22:37, schrieb M. Fioretti:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 20:26:26 PM +0100, Martin (KDE) wrote:
>
>> And it is highly recommended to solve the ugly path/UUID stuff for
>> the collection places.
>
> Martin,
>
> I'm nost sure I understood thist last part. May I ask you to elaborate
> a bit on it?

Hallo Marco

Look in the mail from Jean-Francois on this thread. There the problem is
discribed very good.

As I wrote, I sync my home directory between clients (via my server).
This includes all photos stored in the home folder. But on client 1 the
local harddisk has a different UUID than on client 2 (even if it is the
same collection). As digikam stores the UUID of the disk to identify the
local collection it warns me every time I switch from one client to the
other, that the local collection is no longer available which in this
case is not true.

I have to check/test if I can switch from UUID based volumeid to path
based volumeid by changing this manually in the digikam database.

Regards
Martin