[Digikam-users] Re-start issue

Dick Angus rjaLinux at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 24 16:28:58 GMT 2013

Kubuntu 12.10 current
Digikam 2.8 from the current Kubuntu repository
Digikam database 110.8 Gb
			762 folders
			18,389 images

I do a lot of work with Digikam. Resizing, sharpening, colour correction,
renaming, etc. I have found in the past few weeks that I can open Digikam, do
a bunch of work, and close Digikam just fine. However, if I restart Digikam
without restarting Kubuntu I get a large number of error messages of the type:

QfilesystemWatcher: failed to add paths: path-name :too many files open

The path-name starts about 3/4 of the way through the albums in my Digikam
directory. If I do a system restart then Digikam opens properly and works
well. Does anyone have any suggestions?
--
An old mainframer getting modern