[Digikam-users] How to update photo collections?

Kim kim.mills at wightman.ca
Fri Jan 18 22:33:53 GMT 2013

When I first started with linux about this time last year I was using
Ubuntu, I liked it but my laptop is getting old.  I was looking for
something that was light on resources and moved to Bodhi.  It is built
on Ubuntu but uses the Enlightenment desktop and comes bear bones.  I
have 2 GB of RAM and with this I can edit photos and vids with out
issues.  I like it because it also looks great while being low on resources.
How is Fedora for resources?

Ok back to DK, I deleted my Dropbox collection.  Then re added it.
Trying to watch carefully what it's doing.  The blue progress bar again
gets to 39% and says it's finished.  The text above it shows it's
reached the last folder.  Yet I'm thinking it's NOT really done.

When I go and look at the Dropbox folder tree in DK, I see that although
it's imported many of the folders, many of them are empty.  Checking the
folder in my file window shows there ARE JPG images in there.  But it's
not finishing the import to bring them all in.

I turned OFF the Dropbox app before doing this in case it was messing
something up.  So I'm very puzzled. (sigh)

Yes if I add a new folder and images manually to my normal "photos"
folder outside of DK it picks them up fine when I open DK.  I use DK to
back up my images and so I can login to the website to access my files
away from home.

Kim