[Digikam-users] How to update photo collections?

Kim kim.mills at wightman.ca
Fri Jan 18 21:46:00 GMT 2013

I tried Philips  "extra" ppa, but I couldn't get it to install DK 2.9.

I found this on Ask Ubuntu
http://askubuntu.com/questions/191765/dependancies-not-met-while-instaling-digikam-2-9
I installed the last ppa suggested
http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu
That updated a crazy amount of things on my pc, and upgraded me to DK
2.8.  Still trying for 2.9!! LOL

Anyway after doing this I opened DK again, it still does not find the
newer folders/files.  Telling it to scan for new images still stops at
39%.  Could it be a database problem?

Kim