[Digikam-users] How to Rotate Image?

Johannes Schwall johannes.schwall at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 15:04:40 GMT 2013

I've got a similar (?) issue with a lot of images from an old camera:
They appear to be turned 90 degrees (to the left or the right, that
varies) which is no surprise as the old camera probably never wrote the
orientation information.

When I use gwenview or digikam to rotate such an image, the update of
the thumbnails is usually done very late or not at all. Additionally
(and much worse), these pictures are rotated 180 degrees and I have to
rotate them back once to have everything as expected. (On the second
rotation, it is done as expected only a 90 degree rotation. I have never
checked the exif information but will do so when I return to my computer
in a few days.

Johannes

Am 25.02.2013 15:55, schrieb Sjoerd:

> On 25-02-2013 15:29, Mick Sulley wrote:
>> Hi, I have several pictures taken with my old camera that should be
>> in portrait and they display in landscape.  Looking at picture from my
>> new camera I see that pictures taken in landscape have EXIF
>> Orientation set to top, left, whereas pictures taken in portrait are
>> set to left, bottom and they all display correctly.  I assume that to
>> 'fix' the pictures on my old camera I just need to change the
>> Orientation setting.  I can see loads of EXIF data that I could edit
>> using Image>Metadata>Edit all Metadata, however Orientation is not
>> there.  How do I edit Orientation?
>>
>> Or is there a better way to do it?
>
> Can't you just select the pictures with the same orientation and hit the
> rotate button?
>
> Cheers,
> Sjoerd

Johannes Schwall, Münster