[Digikam-users] raw and jpeg-files should "stick together"

Den schimmelpilz at freenet.de
Thu Feb 21 16:53:45 GMT 2013

Am 21.02.2013 12:00, schrieb Johannes Schwall:
> Wolfgang Mader wrote:
>
>> I totally agree here. Also for removing files, it would be nice to
>> have a
>> mechanism to delete the jpg and corresponding raw file in one go.
>
> For this, I use a very pragmatic approach: Currently, my RAW and JPG
> files reside in the same folder. I use a script to name them
> identically (YYYY-MM-DD_HHMMSS.JPG/.NEF), then delete all the JPGs
> which I don't want to keep and use another script to delete all RAW
> files for which there is no corresponding JPG.

Yes, that's what I currently do as well. Still think this is
workaround, I would prefer DK was able to handle this innately.

By the way: the functionality of your first script is already
implemented in DK renaming tool (picture --> rename, shortcut F2). In
your case you could just mark your files, press F2 and rename them to
[date:yyyy-MM-dd_hhmmss]

This works even if you add a number to your file (e.g. yourfile001,
yourfile002, ...):

yourfile###    renames your files to yourfile001.JPG, yourfile002.NEF,
yourfile003.JPG, yourfile004.NEF, ...
yourfile###[e]    only increments the number for different file
extensions (yourfile001.JPG, yourfile001.NEF, yourfile002.JPG,
yourfile002.NEF, ...)

Den