[Digikam-users] What is being/will be done about the tags management problem?

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Tue Feb 19 23:12:11 GMT 2013

On 20/02/13 10:05, jdd wrote:
> Le 20/02/2013 00:02, Simon Cropper a écrit :
>
>> Out-of-sync files could then be inspected one-by-one using a tool that
>> shows the differences between the database, image and XMP file and
>> provides an opportunity for the user to select what data to keep. On
>> exiting this routine DK would then synchronize all the repositories.
>

> on thousand of images?
>
> jdd

I have 10000 images I am moving around at the moment and DK is
rescanning the collection everytime I open it (The basic camera metadata
not tags at the moment because I am restructuring my library). This only
takes a minute or so.

I would think that to scan, extract and compare the metadata, a routine
would not take that long (~5 minutes). The problem is inspecting and
reconciling each file.

I suppose this is where preferences come in. If you only use lightroom
to change your metadata, you could automatically accept all the data in
the lightroom metadata section as a default whenever changes are detected.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides