[Digikam-users] some questions about digikam metadata, DB and simultaneous use

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Sun Feb 17 20:25:16 GMT 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 22:53:40 PM +0100, Jean-François Rabasse wrote:

Thanks Jean-Francois for your explanations. With respect to this:

> Probably the best way is to make a copy (and backup) of some of your
> images folders (and a backup of your DB, sqldump or so), and try to
> work on two different folders from two sessions. You will check your
> workflow and see if the results are what you expect.

yes, of course that's the best way. I **had** planned to do those very
tests myself next week when I'll have the time. The main reason of my
message was, since I couldn't do work on this anyway before a few
days, if at least in theory this stuff can work or not.

I will check myself tuesday or wednesday anyway. If, before that
moment, somebody tells me "no, this cannot work" or "it worked for me"
I'll have a reference to go on.

Marco