[Digikam-users] Digikam XMP schema ?

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sun Feb 17 09:03:10 GMT 2013

Le 17/02/2013 09:55, Marie-Noëlle Augendre a écrit :

> My local/own Digikam database must remain the "master", and every
> other storage is to be a "salve"; so I might get rid of tags that are
> for my own usage and I don't want to appear either in
> Piwigo/Picasa/whatever, but this mustn't modify whatever tag I use in
> Digikam.

well, you can't know what you will do in the future, and yes for me
too Digikam have to be the master, but when I make a local change
(digikam), I would like to have it copied online (and vice-versa),
without having to copy back and forth the whole images.

that don't mean digikam don't have to be first consistent with himself
:-), but sicdecar files is a very convenient way to share data.

databases are good for speed, but a nightmare to backup (and restore!)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.org
http://jddtube.dodin.org/20120616-52-highway_v1115