[Digikam-users] Digikam XMP schema ?

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sun Feb 17 08:41:51 GMT 2013

Le 17/02/2013 09:36, Marie-Noëlle Augendre a écrit :
> I need the hierarchy to separate different kinds of tags (who/where/
> and the like) and to structure a great number of tags, especially
> those related to location that require 5 levels or more, depending of
> the area.

I agree that hierarchy would be great, but normalisation is mandatory,
hierarchy have to but managed the same way by all software.

It's the same for sidecars, if the file format is not the same for
all, it's useless.

For example, when piwigo changes a tag, the change is *not* written to
the image (nor the sidecar), so digikam can't recover it.

I'm pretty sure a script could recover one software data and convert
it to the other, but I'm a bit short of time and knowledge to write it
myself :-(

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.org