[Digikam-users] Digikam installation on MAcOS through Macports

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:13:26 GMT 2013

Gilles,
The question is having that information where users are going to look
for it, which should be:
http://www.digikam.org/download?q=download/binary/

adding the few lines I mention would be most useful for new users of
digikam under MacOS.
Of course a link to more comprehensive info would also be welcome.

Agus

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 5:27 PM, Gilles Caulier
<caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
> Look my post here :
>
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/116398684787400584523/posts/QmPfGzVsZXf
>

> 2013/2/10 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
>>
>> All Stages that you describe are already recorded to my tutorial here:
>>

>> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam-software-compilation/repository/revisions/master/entry/README.MACOSX
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Gilles Caulier
>>

>> 2013/2/10 Agustin Lobo <alobolistas at gmail.com>
>>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I followed directions in
>>> http://www.digikam.org/download?q=download/binary/
>>> to install digikam on MacOS (in my case, Lion 10.7.5), so
>>> 1. I installed Macports (which implies installing Apple's Xcode
>>> Developer Tools , a real pain
>>> as you must even register as a code developer...) and few easier
>>> things all well explained in http://www.macports.org/install.php)
>>> 2. run sudo port install digikam
>>> and left the computer working for hours (literally: keep it connected
>>> to the power source).
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, after all that I could not find any digikam icon and,
>>> worst,
>>> could not find any direction in the digikam web page on what to do. I
>>> searched
>>> for digikam with spotlight, found the digikam app and clicked on it: a