[Digikam-users] Files Disappeared After Drag and Drop - Windows

jzealman at 9y.com jzealman at 9y.com
Tue Feb 5 02:33:33 GMT 2013

I'm using digiKam 2.9.0 for Windows 7. I'm new to this program and
I don't know if I just did something wrong or if there is a serious
bug. When the program started, I added a local folder as an album.
It worked fine. I created a new album. The album was empty so I
dragged all the pictures from Windows Explorer into the new album
icon in digiKam. It asked if I wanted to move here or copy here. I
clicked on copy here. Then comes the problem. The pictures never
show up in the folder. What's worse is that even though I clicked
copy here, ALL the files I dragged into the new album are gone from
the original folder. Have all my pictures been deleted? I've
searched for some of the original file names in Windows and nothing
shows up. Are my pictures moved to a different folder or is this a
bug and all my pictures are gone? Is there any way to recover them?
If not, this is a very serious bug.