[Digikam-users] digiKam - kde performance at win 7 64 bit

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 08:55:30 GMT 2013

We are working on this problem under Windows. We have found and fixed some
important bugs.

Ananta Palani who work on Windows port has created a new installer with
current 3.0.0 implementation not yet released. It's for testing... See
below the original G+ post of Ananta :

"If you have had trouble running digiKam on Windows for any version after
2.3.0, please give this beta of 3.0.0 a try and let me know if it fixes
your problem (or if not, what problem you are experiencing!). This build is
expected to fix any problem relating to not showing image thumbnails and
crashes / oddities due to excessive memory usage by digiKam."

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Esh3gAgC9QcW5nS04zQWVsNGs/edit?usp=sharing

Please use this installer only for testing, and report all problem under
bugzilla...

Thanks in advance

Gilles Caulier