[Digikam-users] digikam not showing Darwin Core metadata

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 07:39:18 GMT 2013

Hi,

2013/12/27 Alan Pater <alan.pater at gmail.com>:
> Gilles, thanks again for your work on this, and sorry to dreg up an old
> thread,

No problem.

>but I have been working on getting write support to Darwin Core
> (DwC) in exiv2. If gotten basic write support working, but it is not display
> things nicely,

If you use digiKam < 4.0.0-beta1, it's normal.

in 4.0.0-beta1 i rewrite some code used in metadata panel from right
side bar, especially all tags filters.

Typically you have a filter mode which do not filter tags and DC
namespace must be visible. If you have a file with this type of
metadata, i can test here and take a screenshot for you.

>so I have a bit more work to do on it.
>
> http://dev.exiv2.org/issues/937

I see the thread. I'm registered to Exiv2 bugzilla.

> Mostly this is a heads up, I don't know if this work will impact the work
> you did on getting DwC to display in digiKam.

No. Write support is only used in background. Metadata viewer can work
without to know tags type description. It's not the best, but it's
generally enough.

> Cheers,
> Alan

My best and merry Christmas...