[Digikam-users] No "Import" for scanners

Arlo Barnes arlo.barnes at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 22:30:09 GMT 2013

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 6:00 AM, Paul Verizzo <paulv at paulv.net> wrote:

>  Might as well be talking French to me, Giles!  I'm not a native Linux
> speaker.

I regrettably do not know the technical details, but lib = library, common
code to be used between applications [in this case, applications that need
to access scanners]; k = KDE project [was the one to implement it, also the
source of the k in Digikam]; and sane = Scanner Access Now Easy, according
to the XSane [GUI access] documentation.
-Arlo James Barnes