[Digikam-users] digikam failure

David Lyon gtmdhl at vfemail.net
Tue Dec 10 19:37:29 GMT 2013

Greetings,
I heartily advocate and support open source software development and use.
I have been attempting to run Digikam with no success. If any one is
successfully using digikam with Mac 10.9, please provide the details to
assist me, I would very much like to use this program but it quits
(crashes) when I submit a single menu command. The
~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports does not log it as a crash so there are
few details to show.

My operating system is an Imac running OS 10.9 with Xcode 5.0.2, Xcode
Command Line Tools extension package for Maverick, MacPort,  and digikam
(3.5.0).
I am unsophisticated regarding the language of Open Source but was
successful in getting all the items installed to open Digikam with support
 from  MacPorts support.. However, when it opens it is very unstable and
crashes upon any simple attempt to
run any menu items. Please review the load log, attached. I would
appreciate any guidance to resolve the crash syndrome as I support Open
Source and would enjoy using Digikam.

I have followed the routine of installing Digikam on Mac OS 10.9 as
suggested by Gilles Caulie (see attached). I continue to experience an
unstable program which crashes easily upon almost any simple menu command.
Perhaps the following error message is the cause. It appears that the
fundamental problem is MYAQL (see attached). The forum resources suggests
that this issue is confused and incomplete.

If you are running Digikam successfully on Mac OS 10.9, I would appreciate
your guidance.
Sincerely,
David H. Lyon

VFEmail.net - http://www.vfemail.net
ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!