[Digikam-users] Can digiKam write to Canon cr2 files?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 14:55:56 BST 2013

2013/8/27 jdd <jdd at dodin.org>:
> Le 27/08/2013 15:34, Gilles Caulier a écrit :
>

>> I'm waiting that camera constructor use a replacement of JPEG
>> supporting 16 bits color depth instead 8 bits...
>

> then we need better screens :-))
>
> and some time better eyes :-))

But RAW is already 12 or 14 bits...

The goal is not to improve rendering of colors on screen, but the
change/fix/improvements done on image by post processing. With 8 bits
color depth it's a source of data loss which will be less visible in
16 bits color depth...

Also, i don't talk about the capability of camera to capture a largest
spectrum of light, which will be stored in a better way with more
color depth.

Gilles Caulier