[Digikam-users] Can digiKam write to Canon cr2 files?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 14:36:53 BST 2013

2013/8/27 Karl Günter Wünsch <kgw at mineralien-verkauf.de>:
> On 27/08/13 13:33, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>> Considerate XMP sidecar as the best universal alternative. Sure it's
>> add new file in your collection, but size are negligible compared to
>> image data.
> Consider XMP sidecar files as the only viable way of storing meta data
> as writing to the RAW file or even the JPEG will create an backup
> nightmare as instead of needing to backup one small file you then would
> have to backup the full large image file!

Why it's a mess to backup image files + sidecar files at the same time
? both are stored in collection at the same place and use the same
file name prefix..

Personalty, i backup my whole collection to a NAS using rsync without
any problem. Restoring collection after a crash on host computer work
like a charm. XMp side car will be parsed to restore DB...