[Digikam-users] Title visible only under thumbnails

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 08:44:09 BST 2013

2013/8/17 Marie-Noƫlle Augendre <mnaugendre at gmail.com>

> 2013/8/17 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
>
>> Titles and captions are taken from DB. I suspect something wrong with
>> your DB.
>>

> Gilles,
>
> Could you please tell me one thing:
> Do the thumbnail title and the image title come from the same place? Or
> the thumbnail's from thumbnails DB, and the image's from the sidecar file
> (these images are RAW files)? In the latter case, I will try a metadata
> synchronization with the maintenance tool.

Both come from the same origin through meta-data interface :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/repository/revisions/master/entry/libs/dmetadata/dmetadata.cpp#L494

Information is stored in DB. Both place take this info using the same DB
interface :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/repository/revisions/master/entry/libs/database/imageinfo.cpp#L410

> I have nothing much to loose, but I'd rather try the synchronization in
> the right way. ;-)

You can.

Note : in next 3.4.0, Maintenance tool will support image metadata to DB
synchronization, and will be multithreaded and use multicore CPU for
performance purpose. I currently finalize Maintenance improvements :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/9536807056/