[Digikam-users] Import photos from USB storage device

Ross Lansdell ross.lansdell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 09:15:24 BST 2013

I installed DK from the Kubuntu package so had to install the debug package.

If I enter "gdb digikam" as root  then gdb complains that it cannot find X
and then halts.

Running as normal user starts DK normally but when the program freeze
occurs, during access to the USB HDD, the only way to ext is by closing the
active window which kills the program. Then there is no backtrace!

Would it be better if I uninstalled DK and reinstalled using the current
development package?

I shall be unavailable for the rest of today but should be able to use
email on my phone.

Thank you for your help.

Ross Lansdell