[Digikam-users] digikam doesn't start

marwell marwell.1980 at freenet.de
Mon Apr 1 08:56:29 BST 2013

My last post was partly wrong.

First, I didn't use Philips repositories. I was using kubuntu backports.

I uninstalled the 3.1. version, unmarked the kubuntu backports in muon,
updated and downgraded to version 2.8 from the regular kubuntu (ubuntu)
repositories.

But now version 2.8. has the same problem, starting from the console is
shows:
main services discovery error: no suitable services discovery module
and stops starting when the splash screen shows loading main UI.

Does anybody knows, whats the problem? :-)