[Digikam-users] Access from Linux and Windows

Julien T julien.t43 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 01:22:38 BST 2012

2012/9/23 Robert Steffens <robert.steffens at gmx.de>:
> I have the same Problem, does someone know a Solution?

I'm also interested in a way to share the same db but between a linux
and a macosx (external disk with ~/Images folder containing pictures
and digikam.db)
As a matter of fact, i would also want to sync my db (used in travel
on a netbook) on a remote server (unix). so far, using rsync and
duplicating everything.

I'm not aware of any current solution on this.

Somewhat related but in a server/NAS configuration was the recent thread
http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/database-on-laptop-and-server-NAS-td4658822.html
It seems to point to miniDLNA export in next 3.0 release. Maybe in
this it would be better for LAN configuration, even without server, to
have a minidlna server on a unix box doing sharing for other devices.

Julien