[Digikam-users] Manual for compiling digikam on Mac OS X 10.8

Sander de Kievit digikam at sanderdekievit.nl
Fri Sep 14 23:39:44 BST 2012

Hi!

I just joined this mailing list, so I don't know how many mac users there are. Nonetheless, it seemed the best place to share my findings on compiling digikam on Mac OS X 10.8.

MacPort issues:
Basically, one can follow Gilles' tutorial apart from two lines:
sudo port install qt4-mac +mysql
sudo port install kde-baseapps

qt4-mac doesn't accept the +mysql flag any longer. I am unsure whether one needs to install mysql separately (I did) or whether you can simply leave it out.
kdelibs4 (part of kde-baseapps) doesn't compile without the flag: configure.compiler=llvm-gcc-4.2

So, in my case the dependencies were installed using the following lines:
sudo port install q4-mac
sudo port install mysql5 mysql5-server
sudo port install kdelibs4 configure.compiler=llvm-gcc-4.2
sudo port install opencv
sudo port install marble
sudo port install oxygen-icons
sudo port install sane-backends
sudo port install libgpod
sudo port install libgphoto2

I also added ImageMagick, but I don't think that is strictly necessary.

From here on you can install the latest tar ball (2.9). The version from the repository (unstable 3.0) does not compile currently, so don't run ./download-repositories, but start from ./bootstrap-macports.

One final thing that threw we off was that I was missing the kipi-plugins when I first ran digikam. Solution was easy: start kbuildsycoca4 and restart digikam!

Good luck building!

Sander