[Digikam-users] Build error with digikam 2.9.0 under Fedora 17

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Sat Sep 8 15:58:47 BST 2012

I'm seeing this error during the final install stage of my .spec file:

+ desktop-file-validate /home/bdm/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/digikam-2.9.0-1.fc17.x86_64/usr/share/applications/kde4/kipiplugins.desktop
/home/bdm/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/digikam-2.9.0-1.fc17.x86_64/usr/share/applications/kde4/kipiplugins.desktop:
error: file contains group "KipiPlugins Entry", but groups extending the format should start with "X-"

Looking at it I think the kipiplugins.desktop file should have a
different name for the version string starting with X-.

This is also broken in the Fedora Koji packages so it would help
everyone who gets packages to install/build from there too.

Is there a simple fix for this that won't break anything? I assume it's
a KDE thing...

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde