[Digikam-users] Adding GPS Metadata Manually

Samuel Gilbert samuel.gilbert at usherbrooke.ca
Tue Sep 4 22:38:41 BST 2012

Hello Rainer,

  I know at least one way of adding location information to pictures even if
you don't have a GPS track.

1. Fire up our beloved DigiKam
2. Select the all pictures that you want to geo-reference
3. Go the the Image -> Geo-location menu.
4. Scroll the map where you want to locate images
5. Drag images from the list in the lower left corner of the window onto the
map.  This can be done individually for each image or you can do a multiple
selection in the list and locate them with only one Drag-and-Drop operation.

Cheers,

Samuel