[Digikam-users] Can't Build Digikam from Source

Jordan H. jordannh at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 4 02:55:29 BST 2012

I know, I know, I can add the philips5 package, but from my experience
I've had repository headaches for months after installing the Debian (no
offense to Philip Johnsson -- great work getting the process streamlined),
so I like to use the tar package for installing.  However, here is what
happens:

user at host:~/Downloads/Apps/digikam-2.9.0$ ./download-repos
sh: 1: cd: can't cd to core/.git/hooks
sh: 1: cd: can't cd to extra/libkface/.git/hooks
sh: 1: cd: can't cd to extra/libkgeomap/.git/hooks
sh: 1: cd: can't cd to extra/kipi-plugins/.git/hooks
sh: 1: cd: can't cd to extra/libkexiv2/.git/hooks
sh: 1: cd: can't cd to extra/libkdcraw/.git/hooks
sh: 1: cd: can't cd to extra/libkipi/.git/hooks
sh: 1: cd: can't cd to extra/libksane/.git/hooks
sh: 1: cd: can't cd to extra/libmediawiki/.git/hooks
sh: 1: cd: can't cd to extra/libkvkontakte/.git/hooks
sh: 1: cd: can't cd to doc/digikam/.git/hooks
sh: 1: cd: can't cd to doc/kipi-plugins/.git/hooks

I even tried to run "perl ./download-repos" and tried to initialize an
empty/nonempty git repository within digikam.  I get the same results.
Any ideas?  Thanks.