[Digikam-users] rotate picture and adjust exif entry

Andreas T. Ege andreas at spheniscid.net
Tue Oct 30 00:18:26 GMT 2012

Hello,

I usually rotate all my pictures according to exif data, which works
fine. Under settings I have ticked "set exif orientation to normal after
rotate" (translated from german, so real english name might differ)
under Metadata --> Rotation.
Unfortunately, digikam doesn't do it. If I have an image in Portrait
mode, the exif data reads "rotated left" (or right, if I took the shot
the other way round), and so digikam displays the image sideways and I
have to adjust the exif orientation to normal by hand.
I think I first observed this problem under digikam 2.6, still there
under 2.8.

Am I missing another place to tick for automatic adjustment or do I file
a bug report?

--
Andreas Ege

		24 The Birches