[Digikam-users] Deleting RAW files

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Mon Oct 29 11:21:20 GMT 2012

Ozzy,

I also have this problem - that is, using external image viewers to
review my JPG files and delete them. As with you this leaves me with the
problem of finding and deleting the orphaned RAW files.

There are two solutions to this -- use a viewer that can view RAW files
or write a script/program.

If you have a slow computer and very large files the former is not a
suitable solution. I still review my JPG files for this reason.

I decided to take the challenge and write a script that would do this
task. The script and associated tutorial is found here...

http://www.fossworkflowguides.com/scripting/tutorials/00015/index.html

Hope this helps. Any feedback is appreciated.