[Digikam-users] Problem with compiling digikam-3.0.0-beta1a on SUSE 12.1

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Fri Oct 12 20:11:55 BST 2012

Am Freitag, 12. Oktober 2012, 15:11:27 schrieb Robert Zeller:
> Thanks for pointing me to this repo; it is a little confusing that in
> the repos directory digikam seems to be 2.9 version though in reality it
> is 3.0 beta 2. But I can live with the little fake.

That's how it is supposed to be. 3.0 was not released yet, hence anything
before that is not 3.0. As with other KDE software packages get a number below
the not yet release version e.g. 4.9.40 for a KDE 4.10 alpha.

The digikam package in Playground is not a beta or alpha release but just a
git snapshot so 2.9+git is accurate.

One thing to notice about digikam > 2.9 is that it will crash other apps that
use kipi-plugins with KDE 4.9, e.g. ksnapshot. It's a known issue, not sure
what the digikam devs are going to do about it.

Sven