[Digikam-users] modified time (with jhead) not updated in digikam

Copeau copeau31 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 26 00:02:14 GMT 2012

Thanks for your reply, Jean-François.

In the meantime, I've updated my digikam version to 2.7.0, but the behaviour
is still the same.

Well, as you said, digikam can't guess the images have changed. I figured
that.
That's why I tried the "Import EXIF..", and this didn't work either to make
digikam aware of the changes. And I am quite confident that the "Import
EXIF.." features implements an update of the properties once the import is
done.

Also, perhaps it was confusing in my previous message, but when I start the
"Edit metadata", the property panel is NOT updated.
See :
<http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/file/n4660609/Sans_titre.jpg>

I've tried to copy and rename some modified file, and even with the new
files digikam open them with a bad value in property panel and the good
value in the "Edit metadata"...

Then, maybe digikam writes its own metadata into the files, jhead updates
only the EXIF...
Actually, it is probably THE reason..
but that wouldn't explain that the "Import EXIF.." problem doesn't update
the "digikam timestamp".

Anyway, I've found the way to change the time directly with digikam, so I
won't have to use jhead for that and my problem is solved, in a way.

Thanks for your time :)

Copeau