[Digikam-users] modified time (with jhead) not updated in digikam

Copeau copeau at yopmail.com
Sat Nov 24 18:45:36 GMT 2012

Hello all,

I happen to have a lot of JPG with the wrong date so I used /jhead -ta+1:00/
to add 1 hour to all my files.
But the time doesn't seem to be changed in digikam.

Well, it's not that simple.
I change the time using jhead and when I check with jhead, the date is
properly modified.
In digikam anyway, in the properties panel the date is still the old one.
Then I used the "Edit All Metadata" feature in digikam and there, in the
EXIF tab the date is modified !

Then there is a difference between the property panel and the "Edit All
Metadata" stuff.

I've run some more tests to understand what was happening:
- When I change the date in "Edit All Metadata", and wlick "Apply", the
property panel is updated.
- When I use the "Import EXIF.." stuff, the property panel is not updated.

I'm using Digikam 2.1.1, and I have no clue ;-)

So, if anyone had faced this probelm already, and found a solution, please
help :)

Thanks
Copeau