[Digikam-users] Photos don't appear in new collection

Jean-Pierre Verrue jean-pierre.verrue at laposte.net
Tue Nov 20 16:58:30 GMT 2012

Hi,

In Digikam, I created a second collection beside the default in order to
better organize my photos. It is in the same filesystem (/home) on an
internal disk. I then created in this a few albums. Until then
everything was fine. This is when I started to add photos in albums that
slipped. Digikam is unable to show me the new photos. However they are
in folders. I can see them with ls or Dolphin (Digikam albums are Linux
folders on the disk, we agree). I tried everything and checked everything:

- The filesystem permissions for files and folders are good;
- I tried by manually adding folders and / or photos outside Digikam
(Digikam was off) with command line or with Dolphin; or
- I tried the Digikam import functions for folders or photos; or
- I used cut/paste from a source folder (in dolphin) to Digikam opened
album;
- I tried to force the album refresh with the menus item "Rebuilding
thumbnails" and "Read metadata again ..."

Nothing to do. No way to view the photos in the album and therefore no
way to act on it (display, editing, comparison, tags, rating, comments,
reading metadata, etc.)

I finally found a method : in the Tools menu there is an item
"Maintenance". In it, the first item allows you to "Perform an analysis
to find new elements"
Activating this item my photos finally appeared in albums.

I updated Digikam to 2.9.0 (the "stable" version for my system Opensuse
12.2 is 2.6.0), without any effect.

Strange, isn't it? Is this a known bug? (Nothing found in the
bugtracker). Is this related to my Opensuse ? Or something else?

Best regards,

--
JPV