[Digikam-users] 2.9 compiling woe on F16: QtKOAuth??? (plain text)

J Albrecht heviiguy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 17:10:52 GMT 2012

Hi Stuart,

I hope that you don't mind me writing to you via this address but, since
this isn't a DigiKam issue (and I wonder if you might be able to provide
some guidance) I thought that it would be better this way...

I'd be happy to install F17 yet it always hangs from the Live USB
because apparently the proper drivers aren't installed. I spent all of
last week on the 'net, trying to resolve this issue. In the end, I went
back to F16.

Very basic question ahead: So, how can I ensure that the functional
driver that I'm using now will be the one that the Live USB refers to?
Is there a risk of it conflicting with the new kernel used by F17? Which
driver is your machine using (Proprietary or, OpenSource)? Can I somehow
load these drivers from the command line prior to the Live USB
attempting to start the GUI (but hanging miserably prior to that point)?

Many thanks in advance if you can point me in the right direction.

--
Freundliche Grüße / Best regards,
*-**----------------------------------------------------------------**-***

telephone:  +41 799 404 818
fax image: fax-jma at heviitech.com <mailto:scan_receive at heviitech.com>
time zone:  CET/CEST(GMT +1, +2)
SKYPE:      heviitech
web:         www.heviitech.com <http://www.heviitech.com/>

*-**-----------------------------------------------------------------**-*
/This email communication and any attachments is intended as a private
communication for the sole use of the primary addressee and those
individuals listed for copies in the original message. The information
contained in this email is private and confidential and if you are not
an intended recipient you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding
or other dissemination or distribution of this communication by any
means is prohibited. If you are not specifically authorized to receive
this email and if you believe that you received it in error please
notify the original sender immediately. We honour similar requests
relating to the privacy of email communications./