[Digikam-users] Advanced search - How to find one aperture only

Jean-François Rabasse jean-francois.rabasse at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 6 09:44:12 GMT 2012

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012, Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:

> And why any edit check in this kind of fields, by the way? It'll be more
> convenient (and easy for the developers I guess) to let the user enter
> whatever values he/she wants. At worst, there will be no result!

I agree. There's no technical reason to bound input values into a fixed
range, as a database selection is something like :
   select ... where value >= mini and value <= maxi
So, as you say, if users input stupid values, the search will answer :
No images !

Wish list : please, remove these restrictions in a future release :)

Jean-François