[Digikam-users] Advanced search - How to find one aperture only

Jean-François Rabasse jean-francois.rabasse at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 6 07:57:10 GMT 2012

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012, Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:

> I would like to find all the pictures I have taken with a specific
> aperture, says F/16 for example.
> But it seems impossible to get this with the current advanced search:
> - if I put only one value, Digikam considers it as a minimum or a maximum,
> depending on which field I put the value in
> - if I try to put two values, one for the minimum, the other for the
> maximum, Digikam prevents me to put the same value in both fields.
>
> So I can either get aperture less or equal to F/16, or greater or equal to
> F/16; but it seems impossible to get only the pictures with a F/16 value.
>
> Am I missing something? Or the criteria entry controls are a bit too
> constraining?

Hello Marie-Noëlle,

I don't think the search criteria are too restricted. It seems that the
« editing help » logic is too ... sophisticated :-)
(Or too simple)

Try to type, as a min value, the value : 15
The field editor completes your input and change it in : f/15.0
Now move the cursor till end, erase the trailing 0 and replace by 9,
you get : f/15.9

Same trick for the max value, you can input f/16.1

Then you'll find all your pictures taken with an aperture in range
[15.9 - 16.1] and it will mostly (or only) be f/16.

Regards,
Jean-François