[Digikam-users] How is Nepomuk integration supposed to work?

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Thu Nov 1 22:34:23 GMT 2012

On 02/11/12 07:07, Paul Worrall wrote:
> I have selected "Store metadata from digiKam in Nepomuk", then I set a rating
> for one of my photos (e.g. three stars).  When I select the same photo in
> Dolphin it has no stars assigned.  Similarly if I set a tag in digiKam, the
> tag does not appear in Dolphin.
>
> I have also tried the "Fully Resynchronise again" button.  This button stays
> depressed when I click on it, but nothing else seems to happen. None of my
> digiKam  tags or ratings show up in Dolphin.
>
> Maybe I've missed something?

Hi Paul,

I don't have Nepomuk running so I can't test but I was under the
impression it only stored file data.

Check that you tags, ratings, comments and other metadata are being
stored in your images. Trial one file then see if you can see the data
in other applications - like Dolphin.

If you can't se your data it is not Nepomuk it is the fact that your
metadata is not being saved to file. Check the settings for this in the
"Digikams Preferences"

Once you established the file's metadata is being updated rerun the
indexer for Nepomuk to see if they appear.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides