[Digikam-users] command line tool to normalize exif orientation flag

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Thu May 31 21:05:46 BST 2012

Le 31/05/2012 20:43, Elle Stone a écrit :
> Hmm, my apologies, now I'm not sure what you really want to do.

I simply want my online gallery (http://dodin.org/piwigo/index.php) to
display images on a visible way :-)

> digiKam doesn't use exiftool at all.

are you shure?

  digiKam has had a problem with
> orientation tag for a while now.

yes I know, but don't understand why (there may be very valuable answers)

  It's been reported as a bug by
> several people. My solution was to use exiftool to set the orientation
> flag to normal and also rotate the image by hand so it really was
> normal. That way there was no way that digiKam could get confused.

that was waht I expected

> Here's what the exiftool documentation says about bad makernotes:

I will try this. I used the exact image from my Samsung S, with no
change whatsoever

> Anyway, if I've misled you, I apologize.

no reason to apologize, you sent me in the good direction. Just have t
refine :-)

thanks
jdd