[Digikam-users] command line tool to normalize exif orientation flag

Elle Stone l.elle.stone at gmail.com
Thu May 31 18:25:00 BST 2012

> hard links are a slightly more
> advanced feature, and if someone thinks that they work as a backup, they
> could
> be in for a lot of grief...

I'm not exactly a linux newbie anymore, but I don't know anything at
all about hard links and backups.

Fwiw, I just make a straightforward duplicate copy of my image files
on a separate hard drive before doing any major changes with *any*
software. I've been very glad to have that backup when digiKam has
done a few bad things now and again.

Exiftool is quite powerful and can modify and move a whole bunch of
files around really quickly. So it is only common sense to test before
deploying, and have a backup just in case you get the syntax wrong.

Elle