[Digikam-users] View button in import windows does not have any effect

Matthias Heizmann matthias at heizmann.name
Thu May 31 17:22:18 BST 2012

Hi,

in this window where I can import images (e.g., from a USB stick) there is a
"View" button.
(see screenshot: http://heizmann.name/bilder/non-website/digiKam-ViewBug.png)

However, if I click in this button nothing happens. This problem commenced
some month ago after an update and is always reproduceable on my two computers
which both use Gentoo Linux. At the moment I am using digiKam 2.5.0 and KDE SC
4.8.3.

In order to file a proper bug report I am asking myself how I can analyze this
problem more detailed.

Do you have some suggestions?
E.g., which command is executed when pressing the "View" button?  (Then I can
try  to execute this command in a shell)

While clicking the "View" button, the only message written to stderr is
QPixmap::scaled: Pixmap is a null pixmap
However, while using digiKam this message is often written so stderr and I
guess this message has nothing to do with my "View" button problem.

Cheers,
Matthias