[Digikam-users] Can't import from camera

Mihaela myhaella5 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 30 23:14:49 BST 2012

Hello!

I have Canon PowerShot A610 and importing has always worked for me in
previous OS versions. I'm now on ubuntu 11.10, started DigiKam for the
first time, everything seems to be working except importing from the
camera.

DigiKam recognized it and added it to the list:

Canon Inc. Canon Digital Camera (auto-detected)

but when I click on it nothing happens, no Import window.

I add the camera manually:

Name   usb:    /mnt/camera

I get the Import window but with a note:

Failed to connect to the camera..........

I can only Abort.

Am I missing some dependencies? I was able to download the photos using
another tool, very rudimentary.

Is my USB path ok?

The camera is recognized by the system and Nautilus asks me if I want to
open it with Shotwell.

Mihaela