[Digikam-users] compiling digikam svn

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Wed May 30 22:01:09 BST 2012

Am Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2012, 21:57:38 schrieb jdd:
> Le 30/05/2012 21:05, Sven Burmeister a écrit :
> > the package from Playground to your private project (a simple click on
> > "branch
> I often think of ask for an OBS account, but I'm not a programmer nor
> a packager and let only reading the OBS info gives me head ache :-)

You can simply register. No need to ask.

And using it for simple things is easy. You can branch (create a copy) of apps
via a simple click on the website. You can edit the spec files online, i.e. no
need to use command line tools. Since you branch packages you get all the
stuff to build it already, i.e. no need to know how to write spec files etc.

You can upload new tarballs to your branched package and let obs build it for
you without having to know which libs are needed etc. Really handy.

Most of the time helping is as easy as:

1. branch package (click on website)
2. add new tarball (like uploading an attachment via gmail)
3. re-submit (also a simple click on the website)

> but I will try your link, hope it wont brake my install like last time :-(
>
> done it seems to work, I cross fingers for the next reboot (I had to
> change most kde libraries :-()

Did you pick the correct Playground for your KDE repo? There are playground
repos for plain 12.1, kr47, kr48 etc. So there should be no need to change the
kdelibs. It just replaces things that are part of the digikam compilation
minus private libs.

Sven