[Digikam-users] Ubuntu 12.04 install problems

Mark Fraser mfraz74+kde at gmail.com
Wed May 9 12:13:54 BST 2012

On Monday 07 May 2012 21:43:02 Jeff Zucker wrote:

> I think digikam is fantastic - it does so many things right that other
digital assets managers do wrong.  Thanks!  I'm having a devil of a time
getting it installed in Ubuntu 12.04 - I keep getting error messages:

> Unpacking digikam-data (from .../digikam-data_4%3a2.5.0-1ubuntu2_all.deb)
> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/digikam-
data_4%3a2.5.0-1ubuntu2_all.deb (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite '/usr/share/kde4/apps/gpssync/searchmarker-normal.png',
which is also in package kipi-plugins2-common 2.1.1-natty~ppa2
> No apport report written because MaxReports is reached already
>                                                               Errors were
encountered while processing:
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/digikam-data_4%3a2.5.0-1ubuntu2_all.deb
>
> I've tried erasing the files it says it can't overwrite,  installing
digikaqm-data separately, and other things with no success.  Any ideas?     I
had 2.something installed and working fine in 10.10, I think I installed it
from ppa because I couldn't wait to see it :-).

Looks like you may have to purge the digikam and kipi-plugins packages:
sudo apt-get purge digikam kipi-plugins