[Digikam-users] slideshow screensaver from starred pics in digikam?

Andreas Weigl silicoids.world at googlemail.com
Mon May 7 18:15:16 BST 2012

Hi

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 10:39 AM, John Stumbles <john at stumbles.org.uk>wrote:

> Since I am beginning to use digikam for rating my photographs with stars I
> would like to be able to include all images rated, say, **** and above in
> my screen-saver slideshow.
>
> Can anybody think of any other ways I could achieve this?

I don't have my machine here right now, but if I remember correctly you
could do it like this.

   1. open kate
   2. open digikam and list all the pictures you want to add by searching
   for them
   3. Drag and drop the into kate (you should get the full path and file
   names of the pictures as a list)
   4. save the file
   5. open a terminal and go to the directory where you want the links to be
   6. execute the following:
   for i in `cat file`
   do
   ln -s $i