[Digikam-users] strange behaviour of save and album in digikam 2.5

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 09:55:43 BST 2012

On 26/03/12 13:19, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> I cropped many .png-images in an album. When goig to the next image
> digikam asks what do do and I said "save changes"(not new version!).
>
> However digikam saved an _v1.jpg. And does not show the original .png in
> the album anymore.... Pressing F5 several times did not schange anything.
>
> a) how can I make digikam show what is in an album?
> b) how can I make digikam OVERWRITE an edited image in the same file
> format as before (here png)and NOT adding a _v1... version?

Settings -> Configure digiKam -> Editing Images

a) Tick 'Always show original images'
b) Un-tick 'Enable Non-Destructive Editing and Versioning'

I have not actually tried this and am not sure that it will do what you
want but it is what I would try.

Mind you saving a versioned jpg from an original png sounds like a bug
in the non-destructive editing code to me.

Andrew