[Digikam-users] Digikam unsort my serial pictures

Alberto Garcia Quesada info at trebol-a.com
Sat Mar 24 12:39:38 GMT 2012

Hi all,
Digikam do not preserve the original order which the photographs were made.
This is not a very important bugs, but from the lasts months I like making
timelapses and now this bug is really relevant or very uncomfortable on
serial pictures of focus stacking.

I make a experiment and I make a serial pictures with Imagemagick
*for n in $(seq 1 50); do convert -size 400x400 -background white  -fill
black -gravity center label:$n foto$(printf %02d $n).jpg; done*
this create a foto01.jpg foto02.jpg ... foto50.jpg

play serie with mplayer
sleep 5; mplayer -fps 1 -speed 0.9 mf://foto*jpg

and take a photo on screen.

In this screencapture you can to see the order on digikam
http://bit.ly/GVYjfn

What order remains Digikam?
3,2,4,6,5,8,710,9,12,11,13,15....

Note: the serial start at 2 and finish at 49 (no 1,50)
Note II: The order in digikam album is the same at download application.

Regards