[Digikam-users] Ratings, keywords missing from RAW to JPG outside Digikam 2.5. (Linux, Opensuse 11.4)

Andreas T. Ege andreas at spheniscid.net
Mon Mar 12 10:50:28 GMT 2012

Hi there,

> - The RAW files will processed into JPGs via the UFRaw/GIMP combination.
> Do I have an option for getting TAGs from RAW to JPG? The files will have the same names apart from the suffix
With digikam you can export the exif data to file and then import them to another picture, so if the tags are in exif they get copied as well. As far as I'm aware you can do the same with xmp sidecar, but I can't check right now (no digikam on my phone ;) ).

Ufraw used on it's own will keep existing exif data and the resultin jpg will inherit it if I remember right, but Gimp will 'loose' existing exif and fill it with it's own.

--
Andreas Ege

24 The Birches
Shobdon